[openstack-dev] [os-api-ref][doc] Adding openstack-doc-core to os-api-ref

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Mon Jan 8 17:12:09 UTC 2018

On Thu, 4 Jan 2018 16:06:53 +0000
Graham Hayes <gr at ham.ie> wrote:

> On 04/01/18 15:39, Stephen Finucane wrote:
> > I'm not sure what the procedure for this is but here goes.
> >
> > I've noticed that the 'os-api-ref' project seems to have its own group
> > of cores [1], many of whom are no longer working on OpenStack (at
> > least, not full-time), and has a handful of open patches against it
> > [2]. Since the doc team has recently changed its scope from writing
> > documentation to enabling individual projects to maintain their own
> > docs, we've become mainly responsible for projects like 'openstack-doc-
> > theme'. Given that the 'os-api-ref' project is a Sphinx thing required
> > for multiple OpenStack projects, it seems like something that
> > could/should fall into the doc team's remit.
> >
> > I'd like to move this project into the remit of the 'openstack-doc-
> > core' team, by way of removing the 'os-api-ref-core' group or adding
> > 'openstack-doc-core' to the list of included groups. In both cases,
> > existing active cores will be retained. Do any of the existing 'os-api-
> > ref' cores have any objections to this?
>
> No objection from me
>
> > Stephen
> >
> > PS: I'm not sure how this affects things from a release management
> > perspective. Are there PTLs for these sorts of projects?
>
> It does seem like a docs tooling thing, so maybe moving it to the docs
> project umbrella might be an idea?

What we do for other projects under that umbrella (such as
contributor-guide) is that we add openstack-doc-core as a group
member, as Stephen mentioned. This allows for other contributors to become
cores even if they are not interested in other aspects of the docs team's
work.

But I'm fine with whatever works for the current cores.

Thanks,
pk