[openstack-dev] [infra][tempest][devstack][congress] tempest.config.CONF.service_available changed on Jan 2/3?

Ghanshyam Mann ghanshyammann at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 05:27:26 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 3:41 PM, Chandan kumar <chkumar246 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Eric,
>
> On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 4:46 AM, Eric K <ekcs.openstack at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Seems that sometime between 1/2 and 1/3 this year,
>> tempest.config.CONF.service_available.aodh_plugin as well as
>> ..service_available.mistral became unavailable in congress dsvm check/gate
>> job. [1][2]
>>
>> I've checked the changes that went in to congress, tempest, devstack,
>> devstack-gate, aodh, and mistral during that period but don't see obvious
>> causes. Any suggestions on where to look next to fix the issue? Thanks
>> very much!

These config options should stay there even separating the tempest
plugin.  I have checked aodh and mistral config options and there are
present as tempest config.

- https://github.com/openstack/telemetry-tempest-plugin/blob/b30a19214d0036141de75047b444d48ae0d0b656/telemetry_tempest_plugin/config.py#L27
- https://github.com/openstack/mistral-tempest-plugin/blob/63a0fe20f98e0cb8316beb81ca77249ffdda29c5/mistral_tempest_tests/config.py#L18

Issue occurred because of removing the in-tree plugins before congress
was setup to use new repo. We should not remove the in-tree plugin
before gate setup of consuming the new plugin is complete for each
consumer of plugings.

> The aodh tempest plugin [https://review.openstack.org/#/c/526299/] is
> moved to telemetry-tempest-plugin
> [https://github.com/openstack/telemetry-tempest-plugin].
> I have sent a patch to Congress project to fix the issue:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/531534/

Thanks Chandan, this will fix congress issue for Aodh, we need same
fix for mistral case too.