[openstack-dev] [charms] evolving the ha interface type

Liam Young liam.young at canonical.com
Thu Jan 4 10:35:12 UTC 2018

Hi James,
    I like option 2 but I think there is a problem with it. I don't
think the hacluster charm sets any data down the relation with the
principle until it has first received data from the principle. As I
understand it option 2 would change this behaviour so that hacluster
immediately sets an api-version option for the principle to consume.
The only problem is the principle does not know whether to wait for
this api-version information or not. eg when the principle is deciding
whether to json encode its data it cannot differentiate between:

a) An old version of the hacluster charm which does not support
api-version or json
b) A new version of the hacluster charm which has not set the api-version yet.

Thanks
Liam