[openstack-dev] [cinder][nova] Update attachments on replication failover

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 21:47:53 UTC 2018

On 2/26/2018 9:28 PM, John Griffith wrote:
> I'm also wondering how much of the extend actions we can leverage here,
> but I haven't looked through all of that yet.​

The os-server-external-events API in nova is generic. We'd just add a
new microversion to register a new tag for this event. Like the extend
volume event, the volume ID would be provided as input to the API and
nova would use that to identify the instance + volume to refresh on the
compute host.

We'd also register a new instance action / event record so that users
could poll the os-instance-actions API for completion of the operation.

Matt