[openstack-dev] [all][infra] Some new Zuul features

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Tue Feb 20 23:28:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

We've rolled out a few new Zuul features you may find useful.

Added a post-timeout job attribute
==================================

We refined the way timeouts are handled.  The "timeout" attribute of a
job (which defaults to 30 minutes but can be changed by any job) now
covers the time used in the pre-run and run phases of the job.  There is
now a separate "post-timeout" attribute, which also defaults to 30
minutes, that covers the "post-run" phase of the job.

This means you can adjust the timeout setting for a long running job,
and maintain a lower post-timeout setting so that if the job encounters
a problem in the post-run phase, we aren't waiting 3 hours for it to
time out.

You generally shouldn't need to adjust this value, unless you have a job
which performs a long artifact upload in its post-run phase.

Docs: https://docs.openstack.org/infra/zuul/user/config.html#attr-job.post-timeout

Added host and group vars

We added two new job attributes, "host-vars" and "group-vars" which
behave just like "vars" in that they define variables for use by
Ansible, but they apply to specific hosts or host groups respectively,
whereas "vars" applies to all hosts.

Docs: https://docs.openstack.org/infra/zuul/user/config.html#attr-job.host-vars

-Jim