[openstack-dev] [ptl][all][release] published release notes may be out of date

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Feb 20 18:52:33 UTC 2018

Thomas Bechtold reported some issues with the oslo.config release
notes not showing some information. As part of investigating the
problem, I discovered that reno's own release notes were not up to
date, either. I think the problem is a combination of a (now fixed)
reno bug [1] and some unrelated issues with the doc publishing jobs.

The issue is most likely to affect libraries, since those have been
frozen and may not have landed patches to retrigger the publishing
jobs, but server projects without a lot of activity over the last
few weeks may also have out of date release notes.

Please take a look at your projects' release notes and documentation.
If they were last updated before 1 Feb 2018, land a trivial (or
real) patch to the project to cause the documentation jobs to run.
If you have a current global requirements sync patch or translation
patch those are good candidates. The change in [2] is an example
of a trivial patch that might be good if you need one.

Doug

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/reno/+bug/1746076
[2] https://review.openstack.org/545846