[openstack-dev] [oslo.db] [all] please DO NOT IMPORT from oslo_db.tests.* ! projects doing this need to revert ASAP

Michael Bayer mbayer at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 15:00:59 UTC 2018

Hi list -

Apparently Cinder was misled by my deprecations within the
oslo_db.sqlalchemy.test_base package of DbFixture and DbTestCase, and
in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/522290/ the assumption was made
that these should be imported from oslo_db.tests.sqlalchemy.    This
is an immense mistake on my part that I did not expect people to go
looking for the same names elsewhere in private packages and now we
have a serious downstream issue as these modules are not packaged, as
well as the possibility that the oslo_db.tests. package is now locked
in time and I have to add deprecations there also.

If anyone knows of projects (or feels like helping me search) that are
importing *anything* from oslo_db.tests these must be reverted ASAP.