[openstack-dev] [Election] Process Tweaks

Frank Kloeker eumel at arcor.de
Fri Feb 16 15:59:13 UTC 2018

Am 2018-02-15 23:07, schrieb Jeremy Stanley:
> On 2018-02-15 22:24:31 +0100 (+0100), Frank Kloeker wrote:
> [...]
>> There is one task with validation openstackid, which validated the
>> given
>> email address. Problem is here, translators using different email
>> addresses
>> for Zanata and it's not possible to validate the user with his name.
>> Difficult.
> [...]
>
> As long as the address you get from Zanata appears in at least one
> of the E-mail address fields of the contributor's foundation
> individual member profile, then the foundation member lookup API
> should be able to locate the correct record for validation. In that
> regard, it shouldn't be any more of a problem than it is for code
> contributors (where at least one of the addresses for their Gerrit
> account needs to appear in at least one of the E-mail address fields
> for their member profile).

Hi fungi,

there is no connection between user data in Zanata and user data in the
openstackid database. This means I can choose as email address whatever
I want in Zanata. Only my openstackid identifier will be stored there.
We can advise the user, to configure this email address in the
foundation member profile. The same is in stackalytics like there:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openstack/stackalytics/master/etc/default_data.json

kind regards

Frank