[openstack-dev] [TripleO][CI][QA] Validating HA on upstream

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Fri Feb 16 14:41:57 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 9:16 AM, Bogdan Dobrelya <bdobreli at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On 2/16/18 2:59 PM, Raoul Scarazzini wrote:
>
>> On 16/02/2018 10:24, Bogdan Dobrelya wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> +1 this looks like a perfect fit. Would it be possible to install that
>>> tripleo-ha-utils/tripleo-quickstart-utils with ansible-galaxy, alongside
>>> the quickstart, then apply destructive-testing playbooks with either the
>>> quickstart's static inventory [0] (from your admin/control node) or
>>> maybe via dynamic inventory [1] (from undercloud managing the overcloud
>>> under test via config-download and/or external ansible deployment
>>> mechanisms)?
>>> [0]
>>> https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/tripleo-quickstart/
>>> tree/roles/tripleo-inventory
>>> [1]
>>> https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/tripleo-validations
>>> /tree/scripts/tripleo-ansible-inventory
>>>

>> Hi Bogdan,
>> thanks for your answer. On the inventory side of things these playbooks
>> work on any kind of inventory, we're using it at the moment with both
>> manual and quickstart generated environments, or even infrared ones.
>> We're able to do it at the same time the environment gets deployed or in
>> a second time like a day two action.
>> What is not clear to me is the ansible-galaxy part you're mentioning,
>> today we rely on the github.com/redhat-openstack git repo, so we clone
>> it and then launch the playbooks via ansible-playbook command, how do
>> you see ansible-galaxy into the picture?
>>

> Git clone just works as well... Though, I was thinking of some minimal
> integration via *playbooks* (not roles) in quickstart/tripleo-validations
> and *external* roles. So the in-repo playbooks will be referencing those
> external destructive testing roles. While the roles are installed with
> galaxy, like:
>
> $ ansible-galaxy install git+https://$repo_name,master -p
> $external_roles_path
>
> or prolly adding the $repo_name and $release (master or a tag) into some
> galaxy-requirements.yaml file and install from it:
>
> $ ansible-galaxy install --force -r quickstart-extras/playbooks/ex
> ternal/galaxy-requirements.yaml -p $external_roles_path
>
> Then invoked for quickstart-extras/tripleo-validations like:
>
> $ ansible-playbook -i inventory quickstart-extras/playbooks/ex
> ternal/destructive-tests.yaml
>

>> Thanks!

Using galaxy is an option however we would need to make sure that galaxy is
proxied across the upstream clouds.
Another option would be to follow the current established pattern of adding
it to the requirements file [1]

Thanks Bogdan, Raoul!

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-quickstart/blob/master/quickstart-extras-requirements.txt