[openstack-dev] Debian OpenStack packages switching to Py3 for Queens

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Feb 15 08:31:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

Since I'm getting some pressure from other DDs to actively remove Py2
support from my packages, I'm very much considering switching all of the
Debian packages for Queens to using exclusively Py3. I would have like
to read some opinions about this. Is it a good time for such move? I
hope it is, because I'd like to maintain as few Python package with Py2
support at the time of Debian Buster freeze.

Also, doing Queens, I've noticed that os-xenapi is still full of py2
only stuff in os_xenapi/dom0. Can we get those fixes? Here's my patch:

https://review.openstack.org/544809

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)