[openstack-dev] [requirements][trove][tatu][barbican][compass][daisycloud][freezer][fuel][nova][openstack-ansible][pyghmi][solum] Migration from pycrypto

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed Feb 14 19:55:53 UTC 2018

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 10:09:47AM -0600, Matthew Thode wrote:
> Development has stalled, (since 2014).  It's been forked but now would
> be a good time to move to a more actively maintained crypto library like
> cryptography.
>
> Requirements wishes to drop pycrypto.  Let me know if there's anything
> we can do to facilitate this.
>
> --
> Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)

We did have a discussion on the ML, and I think a little at one of the PTGs,
about the path forward for this. IIRC, there was one other potential supported
package that was considered for an option, but we settled on cryptography as
the recommended path forward to get off of pycrypto. I think it had to do with
ease of being able to just drop in the new package with minimal affected code.