[openstack-dev] [os-upstream-institute][ptg] Working sessions at the PTG

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:07:57 UTC 2018

Hi,

As discussed earlier we would like to leverage the opportunity to face to face working sessions at the PTG with the training team and anyone who’s interested to join/help out.

We have one dedicated time slot to meet and summarize our activities during the week and list of action points which is __Thursday 4pm-6pm__ local time. I will announce the room for the discussion in a follow up email.

To extend the time to work together in smaller groups we came up with the idea of a fixed work space, rather than a list of fixed time slots. The idea is to have a table dedicated to our team in the venue where anyone who’s not occupied can go and meet up with others to work on tasks we need to finish before the next training in Vancouver. Based on an earlier check the expectation is to have people available from Tuesday afternoon.

You can use the IRC channel and the PTG bot to inform others about your availability to further encourage team work.

The topics[1] for these working sessions are mainly focused on restructuring the training flow and improve the exercises.

For discussions on the Contributor Guide content please check the Docs sessions[2], we will cover all related topics there including moving the lectures over from the training guides repository. With that said we will also need to look into the translation aspects of the planned changes to keep supporting the broad community who relies on our materials.

Last but not least please also try to attend the First Contact SIG discussions[3] as they are relevant to the training activities as well and can affect how we structure and execute our courses in the future.

I will update you with details as we are getting closer to the PTG.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/OUI-Rocky-PTG
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docs-i18n-ptg-rocky