[openstack-dev] [osc][python-openstackclient] Consistency of option name

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Mon Feb 12 16:17:45 UTC 2018

On 12/02/18 16:04, William M Edmonds wrote:
> keystone may have taken "domain", but it didn't take "dns-domain"

No, but the advice at the time was to move to zone, and match DNS
RFCs, and not namespace objects with the service type.

We moved from "domain" -> "zone" and "records" -> "recordsets" in
both the CLI and in our V2 API (in Aug 2013, so the time for change
has long passed).

The point of my initial email was that if we were moving some of the
inconsistent naming for availability zones to something, that
moving it to "availability-zone" would be better than "zone". I think
that point has been made, so lets leave it at that.

- Graham