[openstack-dev] [all][Kingbird][Heat][Glance]Multi-Region Orchestrator

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Mon Feb 12 15:14:40 UTC 2018

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 7:44 AM, Goutham Pratapa
<pratapagoutham at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> OUR USE-CASES QUOTA-MANAGEMENT:
>
> 1. Admin must have a global view of all quotas to all tenants across all the
> regions
> 2. Admin can periodically balance the quotas (we have a formula using which
> we do this balancing ) across regions
> 3. Admin can update, Delete quotas for tenants
> 4. Admin can sync quotas for all tenants so that the quotas will be updated
> in all regions.

Global quota management is something we're seeking to solve in
keystone[1][2][3][4], which would enable admins to do 1, 3, and 4 via
keystone (though admittedly this is a few cycles out). We expect to
dive into this at the PTG if you'd like to help shape this work.

[1] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/keystone-specs/specs/keystone/ongoing/unified-limits.html
[2] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/keystone-specs/specs/keystone/queens/limits-api.html
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/441203/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/540803/