[openstack-dev] [magnum][release] release-post job for openstack/releases failed

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Feb 8 23:42:48 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-08 18:29:18 -0500 (-0500), Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
> Another alternative is to change the job configuration for magnum to use
> release-openstack-server instead of publish-to-pypi, at least for the
> near term. That would give the magnum team more time to make the changes
> need to modify the sdist name for the package.

And yet another (longer-term) alternative is:

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0541/#removal-of-an-abandoned-project

We're presently trying the same to gain use of the keystone name on
PyPI, and magnum's the only other service we have in that same boat
as far as I'm aware. In both cases the projects have basically been
dead for half a decade (and in the magnum case they never even seem
to have uploaded an initial package at all).
--
Jeremy Stanley