[openstack-dev] RefStack disable anonymous upload and database cleanup

megan at openstack.org megan at openstack.org
Thu Feb 8 01:29:54 UTC 2018

Hello all!
Over the course of the last few months, we have implemented and merged into production the option in RefStack server to disable the ability to upload refstack results as an anonymous user.
In its current state, the RefStack database includes many anonymous test results that ultimately end up unused. The RefStack team is planning to trim all anonymously upload test results in current database to contain only records used in the OpenStack Powered Trademark program. We will then disable the anonymous upload capability and require all test results to be managed with user accounts.
Over the next two weeks, with a target of completing the work by February 13, we will perform a staged update the RefStack server that will:
    * Disable anonymous uploads.
    * Purge the database of unlinked anonymous test results.

Test results associated with RefStack accounts will be unaffected. Please reach out to myself or any of the other RefStack team members with questions or concerns.
-- Megan Guiney