[openstack-dev] [vitrage] Vitrage alarm processing behavior

Paul Vaduva Paul.Vaduva at enea.com
Wed Feb 7 09:58:00 UTC 2018

Hi Vitrage developers,

I have a question about vitrage innerworkings, I ported doctor datasource from master branch to an earlier version of vitrage (1.3.1).
I noticed some behavior I am wondering if it's ok or it is bug of some sort.
Here it is:
1. I am sending some event for rasing an alarm to doctor datasource of vitrage.
2. I am receiving the event hence the alarm is displayed on vitrage dashboard attached to the affected resource (as expected)
3. If I have configured snapshot_interval=10 in /etc/vitrage/vitrage.conf The alarm disapears after a while
fragment from /etc/vitrage/vitrage.conf
***************
[datasources]
types = nova.host,nova.instance,nova.zone,cinder.volume,neutron.network,neutron.port,doctor
snapshots_interval=10
***************
On the other hand if I comment it out the alarm persists
[datasources]
types = nova.host,nova.instance,nova.zone,cinder.volume,neutron.network,neutron.port,doctor
#snapshots_interval=10

I am interested if this behavior is correct or is this a bug.
My intention is to create some sort of hybrid datasource starting from the doctor one, that receives events for raising alarms like compute.host.down
but uses polling to clear them.

Best Regards,
Paul Vaduva