[openstack-dev] [masakari] Rocky PTL Candidacy

Sam P sam47priya at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 05:01:17 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

 Iā€™m Sampath Priyankara. I would like to announce my candidacy to continue
as
PTL of Masakari for the Rocky development cycle. In Queens, we mainly
focused
on bugfixing, documentation, add new features and become an official
OpenStack
project which is one of the most important achievements from Queens.

For Rocky, I would like to continue to focus on:
- Recovery method customization feature and integration with Mistral
- OpenStack Ansible support for Masakari
- Masakari Dashboard ( Horizon plugin for Masakari)
- Continue to work with OpenStack HA team to develop OpenStack resource
  agents as an alternative for masakari-monitors.
- Ironic Bare Metal instance HA support

 While working on above development, I think it is equally important to
focus
on raising awareness and adoption of Masakari, improve diversity of the
team,
and improve cross project/community communication and support. I will make
my
best effort to find more users, more reviewers and more developers for
Masakari.

Finally, I would like to thank you all Masakari contributors for your hard
work
over past cycles, and all OpenStack community members for your valuable
comments, opportunities, and all the help you gave. Also, thank you for
considering my candidacy.

--- Regards,
Sampath
ā€‹ (samP)ā€‹