[openstack-dev] [sahara] Pre-PTG Doc Day

Jeremy Freudberg jeremyfreudberg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 15:35:51 UTC 2018

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 6:53 AM, Telles Nobrega <tenobreg at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> as we discussed in our last meeting, tomorrow (Wednesday 7th) we are going
> to do a first overview of our documentation in order to gather the maximum
> information of where we need to fix, add or remove stuff so we don't waste
> time at PTG on this.

+1

> We can fix small problems but the main goal is to have a list of places that
> need fixing, so we can use during Rocky cycle as a guide for documentation
> improvement.
>
> In order to maiximize our reach it would good to split where each of us will
> be looking at the documentation, so I thought:
>
> From:
> https://docs.openstack.org/sahara/latest/ we can split in 4 parts, since
> user guide seems to be biggest one person would work on User Guide, and
> other 3 each work on 2 topics (we can choose freely)
>
> From:
> https://docs.openstack.org/sahara-tests/latest/ it seems very direct, maybe
> tosky and I can take a look at it (everyone is free to do so as well)

There's the saharaclient docs as well - but they are quite short and I
already read through most of them when I was working on the APIv2
stuff. So I'll take the client docs, plus whatever other section in
the main doc that you want to assign me :)

> If anyone needs help, or the rabbit hole grows too much we can always
> reorganize the split.
>
> What do you think of it?

Good plan. Although we should define our focus a bit better. Are we
just trying to find outdated/incorrect stuff, or should we also be
trying to look at the big picture? By big picture I mean trying to
identify gaps, or thinking about organization and not just content.