[openstack-dev] [nova] Should we get auth from context for Neutron endpoint?

Zhenyu Zheng zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 10:48:27 UTC 2018

Hi Nova,

While doing some test with my newly deployed devstack env today, it turns
out that the default devstack deployment cannot cleanup networks after the
retry attempt exceeded. This is because in the deployment with
super-conductor and cell-conductor, the retry and cleanup logic is in
cell-conductor [1], and by default the devstack didn't put Neutron endpoint
info in nova_cell1.conf. And as the neutron endpoint is also not included
in the context [2], so we can't find Neutron endpoint when try to cleanup
network [3].

The solution is simple though, ether add Neutron endpoint info in
nova_cell1.conf in devstack or change Nova code to support get auth from
context. I think the latter one is better as in real deployment there could
be many cells and by doing this can ignore config it all the time.

Any particular consideration that Neutron is not included in [2]?

Suggestions on how this should be fixed?

I also registered a devstack bug to fix it in devstack [4].

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/bccf26c93a973d000e4339843ce9256814286d10/nova/conductor/manager.py#L604
[2]
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/9519601401ee116a9197fe3b5d571495a96912e9/nova/context.py#L121