[openstack-dev] [infra][all] New Zuul Depends-On syntax

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Mon Feb 5 19:51:04 UTC 2018

corvus at inaugust.com (James E. Blair) writes:

> The reason is that, contrary to earlier replies in this thread, the
> /#/c/ version of the change URL does not work.

The /#/c/ form of Gerrit URLs should work now; if it doesn't, please let
me know.

I would still recommend (and personally plan to use) the other form --
it's very easy to end up with a URL in Gerrit which includes the
patchset, or even a set of patchset diffs.  Zuul will ignore this
information and select the latest patchset of the change as its
dependency.  If a user clicks on a URL with an embedded patchset though,
they may end up looking at an old version, and not the version that Zuul
will use.

At any rate, the /#/c/ form should work.  I'd recommend trying to trim
off anything past the change number, if you do use it, to avoid
ambiguity.

-Jim