[openstack-dev] [ironic] driver composition: help needed from vendors

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Mon Feb 5 15:47:42 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

We have landed changes deprecating classic drivers, and we may remove classic
drivers as early as end of Rocky. I would like to ask those who maintain drivers
for ironic a few favors:

1. We have landed a database migration [1] to change nodes from classic drivers
to hardware types automatically. Please check the mapping [2] for your drivers
for correctness.

2. Please update your documentation pages to primarily use hardware types.
You're free to still mention classic drivers or remove the information about
them completely.

3. Please update your CI to use hardware types on master (queens and newer).
Please make sure that the coverage does not suffer. For example, if you used to
test pxe_foo and agent_foo, the updates CI should test "foo" hardware type with
"iscsi" and "direct" deploy interfaces.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Dmitry

[1] https://review.openstack.org/534373
[2] https://review.openstack.org/539589