[openstack-dev] [api] Openstack API and HTTP caching

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Mon Feb 5 15:36:46 UTC 2018

On Mon, 5 Feb 2018, Fred De Backer wrote:

> Therefore it is my opinion that the Openstack API (Nova in this case, but
> equally valid for all other APIs) should be responsible to include proper
> HTTP headers in their responses to either disallow caching of the response
> or at least limit it's validity.

Yeah, that is what should happen. We recently did it (disallow
caching) for placement
(http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/queens/approved/placement-cache-headers.html)
but it probably needs to be done just about everywhere else.

I'd suggest you create a bug (probably just a nova one for now, but
make it general enough that it is easy to add other projects) an
perhaps that will help get some traction.

--
Chris Dent                      (⊙_⊙')         https://anticdent.org/