[openstack-dev] [Octavia] Rocky Octavia PTL candidacy

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 23:26:31 UTC 2018

My fellow OpenStack community,

I would like to nominate myself for Octavia PTL for Rocky. I am currently
the PTL for the Queens release series and would like to continue helping our
team provide network load balancing services for OpenStack.

For those of you that do not know me, I work for Rackspace. Prior to joining
Rackspace I worked for Hewlett-Packard for fifteen years on data center
automation, distributed network systems, embedded system design, and big data.

In the Queens release, we were able to add support for batch member updates,
QoS on the load balancer VIPs, support for Castellan, operator tooling, and
many more enhancements. Beyond that work, we laid the ground work for Rocky.

Looking forward to Rocky I expect the team to finish out some major new
features, such as Active/Active load balancers, UDP protocol support,
provider drivers, flavors, additional tempest tests and additional operator
tooling. I plan to continue working on improving our documentation,
specifically with detailed installation, high availability, and neutron-lbaas
migration guides.

Thank you for your support of Octavia during Queens and your consideration for
Rocky,

Michael Johnson (johnsom)