[openstack-dev] [nova] [placement] XenServer CI failed frequently because of placement update

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:20:10 UTC 2018

On 8/28/2018 9:07 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2018, Bob Ball wrote:
>
>> Just looking at Naichuan's output, I wonder if this is because
>> allocation_ratio is registered as 0 in the inventory.
>
> Yes.
>
> Whatever happened to cause that is the root, that will throw the
> math off into zeroness in lots of different places. The default (if
> you don't send and allocation_ratio) is 1.0, so maybe there's some
> code somewhere that is trying to use the default (by not sending)
> but is accidentally sending 0 instead?

If cpu_allocation_ratio isn't in nova.conf, which it's not in this CI
run, then it should default to 16.0 via the ComputeNode object code:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/6bf864df771edb8c0d0af8a868dde21e3d12481e/nova/objects/compute_node.py#L201

Which is used to set the allocation ratio on the VCPUs inventory here:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/6bf864df771edb8c0d0af8a868dde21e3d12481e/nova/compute/resource_tracker.py#L106

Nothing has changed here recently as far as I know.

Matt