[openstack-dev] [nova] Deprecating Core/Disk/RamFilter

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 23:37:20 UTC 2018

This is just an FYI that I have proposed that we deprecate the
core/ram/disk filters [1]. We should have probably done this back in
Pike when we removed them from the default enabled_filters list and also
deprecated the CachingScheduler, which is the only in-tree scheduler
driver that benefits from enabling these filters. With the
heal_allocations CLI, added in Rocky, we can probably drop the
CachingScheduler in Stein so the pieces are falling into place. As we
saw in a recent bug [2], having these enabled in Stein now causes
blatantly incorrect filtering on ironic nodes.

Comments are welcome here, the review, or in IRC.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/596502/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1787910

Matt