[openstack-dev] [oslo] UUID sentinel needs a home

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Fri Aug 24 18:23:33 UTC 2018

On Fri, 24 Aug 2018, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> I guess all of the people who complained so loudly about the global in oslo.config are gone?

It's a diffent context. In a testing environment where there is
already a well established pattern of use it's not a big deal.
Global in oslo.config is still horrible, but again: a well
established pattern of use.

This is part of why I think it is better positioned in oslotest as
that signals its limitations.

However, like I said in my other message, copying nova's thing has
proven fine.