[openstack-dev] [all] [nova] [placement] placement below or beside compute after extraction?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Aug 24 09:36:20 UTC 2018

Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 8/23/2018 4:00 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> In the OpenStack governance model, contributors to a given piece of
>> code control its destiny.
>
> This is pretty damn fuzzy.

Yes, it's definitely not binary.

> So if someone wants to split out nova-compute
> into a new repo/project/governance with a REST API and all that,
> nova-core has no say in the matter?

I'd consider the repository split to be a prerequisite.

Then if most people working on the nova-compute repository (not just
"someone") feel like they are in a distinct group working on a distinct
piece of code and that the larger group is not representative of them,
then yes, IMHO they can make a case that a separate project team would
be more healthy...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)