[openstack-dev] [glance][horizon] Issues we found when using Community Images

Andy Botting andy at andybotting.com
Fri Aug 24 00:43:24 UTC 2018

Hi Jeremy,

> Can you comment more on what needs to be updated in Sahara? Are they
> simply issues in the UI (sahara-dashboard) or is there a problem
> consuming community images on the server side?

We haven't looked into it much yet, so I couldn't tell you.

I think it would be great to extend the Glance API to include a
visibility=all filter, so we can actually get ALL available images in a
single request, then projects could switch over to this.

It might need some thought on how to manage the new API request when using
an older version of Glance that didn't support visibility=all, but I'm sure
that could be worked out.

It would be great to hear from one of the Glance devs what they think about
this approach.

cheers,
Andy