[openstack-dev] [nova][vmware] need help triaging a vmware driver bug

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 20:27:26 UTC 2018

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 10:50:30 +0300, Radoslav Gerganov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 17.08.2018 04:10, melanie witt wrote:
>>
>> Can anyone help triage this bug?
>>

> I have requested more info from the person who submitted this and provided some tips how to correlate nova-compute logs to vCenter logs in order to better understand what went wrong.
> Would it be possible to include this kind of information in the Launchpad bug template for VMware related bugs?

Thank you for your help, Rado.

So, I think we could add something to the launchpad bug template to link
to a doc that explains tips about reporting VMware related bugs. I
suggest linking to a doc because the bug template is already really long
and looks like it would be best to have something short, like, "For tips
on reporting VMware virt driver bugs, see this doc: <link>" and provide
a link to, for example, a openstack wiki about the VMware virt driver
(is there one?). The question is, where can we put the doc? Wiki? Or
maybe here at the bottom [1]? Let me know what you think.

-melanie

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/admin/configuration/hypervisor-vmware.html