[openstack-dev] [Searchlight] Action plan for Searchlight in Stein

Trinh Nguyen dangtrinhnt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 08:57:45 UTC 2018

Dear team,

Here is my proposed action plan for Searchlight in Stein. The ultimate goal
is to revive Searchlight with a sustainable number of contributors and can
release as expected.

1. Migrate Searchlight to Storyboard with the help of Kendall
2. Attract more contributors (as well as cores)
3. Clean up docs, notes
4. Review and clean up patches [1] [2] [3] [4]
5. Setting up goals/features for Stein. We will need to have a virtual PTG
(September 10-14, 2018, Denver) since I cannot attend it this time.

This is our Etherpad for Stein, please feel free to contribute from now on
until the PTG:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/searchlight+status:open

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/searchlight+status:open
[2]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/searchlight-ui+status:open
[3]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/python-searchlightclient+status:open
[4]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/searchlight-specs+status:open

If you have any idea or want to contribute, please ping me on IRC:

   - IRC Channel: #openstack-searchlight
   - My IRC handler: dangtrinhnt

Bests,

*Trinh Nguyen *| Founder & Chief Architect

<http://www.edlab.xyz>

*E:* dangtrinhnt at gmail.com | *W:* *www.edlab.xyz <https://www.edlab.xyz>*