[openstack-dev] [all] [nova] [placement] placement below or beside compute after extraction?

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Mon Aug 20 19:03:14 UTC 2018

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018, Zane Bitter wrote:

> If you want my personal opinion then I'm a big believer in incremental
> change. So, despite recognising that it is born of long experience of which I
> have been blissfully mostly unaware, I have to disagree with Chris's position
> that if anybody lets you change something then you should try to change as
> much as possible in case they don't let you try again.

Because you called me out specifically, I feel obliged to say, this
is neither what I said nor what I meant. It wasn't "in case they
don't let you try again". It was "we've been trying to do some of
this for two years and if we do it incrementally, the end game is
further away, because it seems us take us forever to do anything."

Perhaps not a huge difference.