[openstack-dev] [tempest][qa][congress] help with tempest plugin jobs against stable/queens

Eric K ekcs.openstack at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 02:51:45 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 9:34 PM, Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote:
>  ---- On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 09:37:18 +0900 Eric K <ekcs.openstack at gmail.com> wrote ----
>  > I'm adding jobs [1] to the tempest plugin to run tests against
>  > congress stable/queens. The job output seems to show stable/queens
>  > getting checked out [2], but I know the test is *not* run against
>  > queens because it's using features not available in queens. The
>  > expected result is for several tests to fail as seen here [3]. All
>  > hints and tips much appreciated!
>
> You are doing it in right way by 'override-checkout: stable/queens'. And as log also show, congress is checkout from stable/queens. I tried to check the results but could not get what tests should fail and why.
>
> If you can give me more idea, i can debug that.
>
> -gmann
Thanks so much gmann!
For example, looking at
'congress_tempest_plugin.tests.scenario.congress_datasources.test_vitrage.TestVitrageDriver'
here:
http://logs.openstack.org/61/591861/1/check/congress-devstack-api-mysql/36bacbe/logs/testr_results.html.gz

It shows passing 1 of 1, but that feature is not in the queens branch
at all. The expected result can be seen here:
http://logs.openstack.org/05/591805/2/check/congress-devstack-api-mysql/7d7b28e/logs/testr_results.html.gz