[openstack-dev] [releases][requirements][cycle-with-intermediary][cycle-trailing] requirements is going to branch stable/rocky at ~08-15-2018 2100Z

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed Aug 15 21:05:44 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 11:13:13AM -0500, Matthew Thode wrote:
> This is to warn and call out all those projects that do not have a
> stable/rocky branch yet.
>
> If you are in the folloing list your project will need to realize that
> your master is testing against the requirements/constraints from stein,
> not rocky.  Any branching / tests you do will need to keep that in mind.

I have just processed the branching request for the openstack/requirements
repo. Projects that have branched and have had the bot-proposed patch to update
the stable/rocky tox settings to use the stable/rocky upper constraints can now
approve those patches.

At the moment, requirements are matching between rocky and stein, but there's
usually only a small window where that is the case. If you have not branched
yet, be aware that at some point your testing could be running against the
wrong constraints.