[openstack-dev] [TripleO] podman: varlink interface for nice API calls

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 15:31:46 UTC 2018

Hi Jay,

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 3:59 PM Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> This was news to me. Is this just a triple-o thing?

It's in the newspapers!
https://www.serverwatch.com/server-news/red-hat-looks-beyond-docker-for-container-technology.html

More seriously here: there is an ongoing effort to converge the tools
around containerization within Red Hat, and we, TripleO are interested to
continue the containerization of our services (which was initially done
with Docker & Docker-Distribution).
We're looking at how these containers could be managed by k8s one day but
way before that we plan to swap out Docker and join CRI-O efforts, which
seem to be using Podman + Buildah (among other things).

The work done at this time (so far) is pure investigation, but feedback is
always welcome.
We're tracking our efforts here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-podman

Emilien Macchi