[openstack-dev] [requirements][release][osc] FFE osc-lib 1.11.1 release

Matthew Thode prometheanfire at gentoo.org
Tue Aug 14 05:11:53 UTC 2018

On 18-08-14 13:56:28, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> 2018年8月14日(火) 13:38 Matthew Thode <prometheanfire at gentoo.org>:
> >
> > On 18-08-14 13:19:27, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I would like to request FFE for osc-lib 1.11.1 release.
> > >
> > >     https://review.openstack.org/591556
> > >
> > > osc-iib commit e3d772050f3f4de6369b3dd1ba1269e2903666f7 replaced
> > > issubclass() with isinstance() unexpectedly.
> > > As a result, osc-lib 1.11.0 breaks existing OSC plugins and
> > > the neutronclient OSC plugin gate is now broken.
> > > To fix the gate, osc-lib 1.11.1 release would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > upper-constraints is bumped to osc-lib 1.11.1.
> > > It is better to block osc-lib 1.11.0 but I am familiar whether we need
> > > to block it or not.
> > >

> > What libs (further down the dep tree) would need the exclusion?  They'd
> > likely also need a FFE for at least a UC bump.
> > You have my (and requirements) ack for a UC only bump at least.
>
> AFAIK all OSC plugins and OSC directly consume osc-lib and there is no
> libs to consume osc-lib.
> In this case, we don't need to block a specific version of osc-lib, right?
> Perhaps it is just because I don't understand the current policy well.
>
> From neutronclient and other OSC plugin perspective, it is fine to bump UC only.

The current list is the following.

+----------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------+-----------------------------------------------+
| Repository                             | Filename                                                                                    | Line | Text                                          |
+----------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------+-----------------------------------------------+
| openstack-zuul-jobs                    | playbooks/legacy/requirements-integration-dsvm/run.yaml                                     |   76 | export PROJECTS="openstack/osc-lib $PROJECTS" |
| openstack-zuul-jobs                    | playbooks/legacy/requirements-integration-dsvm-ubuntu-trusty/run.yaml                       |   77 | export PROJECTS="openstack/osc-lib $PROJECTS" |
| osc-placement                          | requirements.txt                                                                            |    8 | osc-lib>=1.2.0  # Apache-2.0                  |
| osops-tools-contrib                    | ansible_requirements.txt                                                                    |   31 | osc-lib==1.1.0                                |
| python-adjutantclient                  | requirements.txt                                                                            |    9 | osc-lib>=1.5.1 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-aodhclient                      | requirements.txt                                                                            |    7 | osc-lib>=1.0.1 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-cyborgclient                    | requirements.txt                                                                            |   16 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-designateclient                 | requirements.txt                                                                            |    6 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-distilclient                    | requirements.txt                                                                            |    4 | osc-lib>=1.7.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-glareclient                     | requirements.txt                                                                            |   13 | osc-lib>=1.7.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-heatclient                      | requirements.txt                                                                            |    9 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-iotronicclient                  | requirements.txt                                                                            |    9 | osc-lib>=1.2.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-ironic-inspector-client         | requirements.txt                                                                            |    5 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-ironicclient                    | requirements.txt                                                                            |    9 | osc-lib>=1.10.0 # Apache-2.0                  |
| python-karborclient                    | requirements.txt                                                                            |   11 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-kingbirdclient                  | requirements.txt                                                                            |    5 | osc-lib>=1.2.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-magnumclient                    | requirements.txt                                                                            |   16 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-masakariclient                  | requirements.txt                                                                            |    6 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-mistralclient                   | requirements.txt                                                                            |    5 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-moganclient                     | requirements.txt                                                                            |    6 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-monascaclient                   | requirements.txt                                                                            |    5 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-muranoclient                    | requirements.txt                                                                            |   15 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-neutronclient                   | requirements.txt                                                                            |    9 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-octaviaclient                   | requirements.txt                                                                            |   20 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-openstackclient                 | requirements.txt                                                                            |   11 | osc-lib>=1.10.0 # Apache-2.0                  |
| python-pankoclient                     | requirements.txt                                                                            |    6 | osc-lib>=1.8.0  # Apache-2.0                  |
| python-picassoclient                   | requirements.txt                                                                            |    6 | osc-lib>=1.2.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-qinlingclient                   | requirements.txt                                                                            |   13 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-rsdclient                       | requirements.txt                                                                            |    7 | osc-lib>=1.7.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-saharaclient                    | requirements.txt                                                                            |    9 | osc-lib>=1.11.0 # Apache-2.0                  |
| python-searchlightclient               | requirements.txt                                                                            |    7 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-senlinclient                    | requirements.txt                                                                            |   10 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-tackerclient                    | requirements.txt                                                                            |   15 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-tatuclient                      | requirements.txt                                                                            |    6 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-tricircleclient                 | requirements.txt                                                                            |    7 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-tripleoclient                   | requirements.txt                                                                            |   17 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-troveclient                     | requirements.txt                                                                            |   15 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-valenceclient                   | requirements.txt                                                                            |    9 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-vitrageclient                   | requirements.txt                                                                            |    8 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-watcherclient                   | requirements.txt                                                                            |    7 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-zaqarclient                     | requirements.txt                                                                            |   16 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| python-zunclient                       | requirements.txt                                                                            |    9 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |
| requirements                           | global-requirements.txt                                                                     |  147 | osc-lib  # Apache-2.0                         |
| requirements                           | openstack_requirements/tests/files/upper-constraints.txt                                    |  313 | osc-lib===1.3.0                               |
| stx-upstream                           | openstack/python-openstackclient/centos/meta_patches/1000-remove-version-requirements.patch |   19 | -Requires:         python-osc-lib >= 1.7.0    |
| upstream-institute-virtual-environment | elements/upstream-training/static/tmp/requirements.txt                                      |  120 | osc-lib==1.8.0                                |
| vmware-nsx                             | requirements.txt                                                                            |   14 | osc-lib>=1.8.0 # Apache-2.0                   |

Maybe it'd be better to figure out what's using that removed method and
those would need the update?

--
Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)