[openstack-dev] [all][election][tc] Lederless projects.

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Aug 9 19:12:12 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Tony Breeds's message of 2018-08-01 10:32:50 +1000:

[snip]

> Need appointment          : 8 (Dragonflow Freezer Loci Packaging_Rpm RefStack
>                                Searchlight Trove Winstackers)

To summarize the situation for these teams as it stands now:

Omer Anson volunteered to serve as PTL for Dragonflow another term. The
patch to appoint him is https://review.openstack.org/589939

Changcai Geng has offered to be PTL for Freezer
(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/590071). There is still a proposal
to remove the project from governance
(https://review.openstack.org/588645).  We need the TC members to
vote on the proposals above to indicate which direction they want
to take.  Several folks suggested retaining the project provisionally,
but we don't have a formal proposal for that.  If you want to retain
the team provisionally, please say so when you vote in favor of
confirming Changcai Geng as PTL.

Sam Yaple has volunteered to serve as the PTL of Loci. The patch to
appoint him is https://review.openstack.org/#/c/590488/

Dirk Mueller volunteered to serve as the PTL of the packaging-rpm team.
The patch to confirm him is https://review.openstack.org/#/c/588617/

The repositories currently owned by the RefStack team are being moved to
the Interop Working Group in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/590179/

The proposal to remove the Searchlight project
(https://review.openstack.org/588644) has one comment indicating
potential interest in taking over maintenance of the project. We are
waiting for a formal proposal to designate a PTL before deciding whether
to keep the team under governance.

Dariusz Krol has volunteered to serve as PTL for Trove. The patch to
confirm him is https://review.openstack.org/#/c/588510/

Claudiu Belu has volunteered to serve as PTL for the Winstackers team.
The patch to confirm him is https://review.openstack.org/#/c/590386/

Doug