[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Patches to speed up plan operations

Ian Main imain at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 17:37:02 UTC 2018

Hey Jirka!

I wasn't aware of the other options available.  Basically yes, you now just
need to upload a tarball of the templates to swift.  You can see in the
client:

-        tarball.tarball_extract_to_swift_container(
-            swift_client, tmp_tarball.name, container_name)
+        _upload_file(swift_client, container_name,
+                     constants.TEMPLATES_TARBALL_NAME, tmp_tarball.name)

Other than that it should be the same.  I'm not sure what files the UI
wants to look at in swift, but certainly some are still there.  Basically
any file that exists
in swift is not overwritten by the contents of the tar file.  So if a file
exists in swift it takes priority.

I'll try to catch you on irc but I know our timezones are quite different.

Thanks for looking into it!

   Ian