[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-2, August 13-17

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Aug 9 14:58:06 UTC 2018

Development Focus
-----------------

Teams should be working on any release critical bugs that would require another
RC before the final release, and thinking about plans for Stein.

General Information
-------------------

Any cycle-with-milestones projects that missed the RC1 deadline should prepare
an RC1 release as soon as possible.

After all of the cycle-with-milestone projects have branched we will branch
devstack, grenade, and the requirements repos. This will effectively open them
back up for Stein development, though the focus should still be on finishing up
Rocky until the final release.

Actions
---------

Watch for any translation patches coming through and merge them quickly.

If your project has a stable/rocky branch created, please make sure those
patches are also merged there. Keep in mind there will need to be a final
release candidate cut to capture any merged translations and critical bug fixes
from this branch.

Please also check for completeness in release notes and add any relevant
"prelude" content. These notes are targetted for the downstream consumers of
your project, so it would be great to include any useful information for those
that are going to pick up and use or deploy the Queens version of your project.

We also have the cycle-highlights information in the project deliverable files.
This one is targeted at marketing and other consumers that have typically been
pinging PTLs every release asking for "what's new" in this release. If you have
not done so already, please add a few highlights for your team that would be
useful for this kind of consumer.

This would be a good time for any release:independent projects to add the
history for any releases not yet listed in their deliverable file. These files
are under the deliverable/_independent directory in the openstack/releases
repo.

If you have a cycle-with-intermediary release that has not done an RC yet,
please do so as soon as possible. If we do not receive release requests for
these repos soon we will be forced to create a release from the latest commit
to create a stable/rocky branch. The release team would rather not be the ones
initiating this release.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Final RC deadline: August 23
Rocky Release: August 29