[openstack-dev] [nova][searchlight][designate][telemetry][mistral][blazar][watcher][masakari]Possible deprecation of Nova's legacy notification interface

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Thu Aug 9 09:41:38 UTC 2018

Dear Nova notification consumers!

The Nova team made progress with the new versioned notification
interface [1] and it is almost reached feature parity [2] with the
legacy, unversioned one. So Nova team will discuss on the upcoming PTG
the deprecation of the legacy interface. There is a list of projects
(we know of) consuming the legacy interface and we would like to know
if any of these projects plan to switch over to the new interface in
the foreseeable future so we can make a well informed decision about
the deprecation.

* Searchlight [3] - it is in maintenance mode so I guess the answer is
no
* Designate [4]
* Telemetry [5]
* Mistral [6]
* Blazar [7]
* Watcher [8] - it seems Watcher uses both legacy and versioned nova
notifications
* Masakari - I'm not sure Masakari depends on nova notifications or not

Cheers,
gibi

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/reference/notifications.html
[2] http://burndown.peermore.com/nova-notification/