[openstack-dev] Paste unmaintained

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed Aug 8 14:38:45 UTC 2018

On Wed, 8 Aug 2018, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> I'd be more than happy to have a better logging without the need of
> paste/pastescript, but so far, that's the only way I found that worked
> with uwsgi. Do you know any other way?

Yes, use systemd or some other supervisor which is responsible for
catching stderr. That's why I pointed to devstack and my container
thing. Not because I think devstack is glorious or anything, but
because the logging works and presumably something can be learned
from that.

Apparently what you're doing in the debian packages doesn't work
(without logging middleware), which isn't surprising because that's
exactly how uwsgi and WSGI is supposed to work.

What I've been trying to suggest throughout this subthread is that
it sounds like however things are being packaged in debian is not
right, and that something needs to be changed. Also that your bold
assertion that uwsgi doesn't work without paste is only true in the
narrow way in which you are using it (which is the wrong way to use
it).