[openstack-dev] [cinder][api] strict schema validation and microversioning

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 22:03:52 UTC 2018

Hi Cinder and API-SIG folks,

During reviewing a horizon bug [0], I noticed the behavior of Cinder API
3.0 was changed.
Cinder introduced more strict schema validation for creating/updating
volume encryption type
during Rocky and a new micro version 3.53 was introduced[1].

Previously, Cinder API like 3.0 accepts unused fields in POST requests
but after [1] landed unused fields are now rejected even when Cinder API
3.0 is used.
In my understanding on the microversioning, the existing behavior for older
versions should be kept.
Is it correct?

Thanks,
Akihiro