[openstack-dev] OpenStack lagging behind 2 major python versions: we need a Python 3.7 gate

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Aug 6 17:11:37 UTC 2018

On 08/02/2018 10:43 AM, Andrey Kurilin wrote:
>     There's also some "raise StopIteration" issues in:
>     - ceilometer
>     - cinder
>     - designate
>     - glance
>     - glare
>     - heat
>     - karbor
>     - manila
>     - murano
>     - networking-ovn
>     - neutron-vpnaas
>     - nova
>     - rally
>

> Can you provide any traceback or steps to reproduce the issue for Rally
> project ?

I'm not sure there's any. The only thing I know is that it has stop
StopIteration stuff, but I'm not sure if they are part of generators, in
which case they should simply be replaced by "return" if you want it to
be py 3.7 compatible.

I didn't have time to investigate these, but at least Glance was
affected, and a patch was sent (as well as an async patch). None of them
has been merged yet:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/586050/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/586716/

That'd be ok if at least there was some reviews. It looks like nobody
cares but Debian & Ubuntu people... :(

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)