[openstack-dev] [opensatck-dev][qa][barbican][novajoin][networking-fortinet][vmware-nsx] Dependency of Tempest changes

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Aug 6 10:23:33 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Tempest patch [1] removes the deprecated config option for volume v1 API and it has dependency on may plugins. I have proposed the patches to each plugins using that option [2] to stop using that option so that their gate will not be broken if Tempest patch merge. Also I have made Tempest patch dependency on each plugins commit. Many of those dependent patch has merged but 4 patches are still hanging around  since long time which is blocking Tempest change to get merge.

 Below are the plugins which have not merged the changes:
   barbican-tempest-plugin - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/573174/
   novajoin-tempest-plugin - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/573175/
   networking-fortinet - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/573170/
   vmware-nsx-tempest-plugin - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/573172/

I want to merge this tempest patch in Rocky release which I am planing to do in next week. To make that happen we have to merge the Tempest patch soon. If above patches are not merged by plugins team within 2-3 days which means those plugins might not be active or do not care for gate, I am going to remove their dependency on Tempest patch and merge that.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/573135/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:remove-support-of-cinder-v1-api+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

-gmann