[openstack-dev] [all][election] PTL nominations are now closed

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Aug 2 13:31:29 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Jeremy Stanley's message of 2018-08-02 13:13:21 +0000:
> On 2018-08-02 10:58:53 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
> [...]
> > Finally, RefStack: I feel like this should be wrapped into an
> > Interoperability SIG, since that project team is not producing
> > "OpenStack", but helping fostering OpenStack interoperability.
> > Having separate groups (Interop WG, RefStack) sounds overkill
> > anyway, and with the introduction of SIGs we have been recentering
> > project teams on upstream code production.
>
> That was one of the possibilities I discussed with them during their
> meeting a month ago:
>
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23refstack/%23refstack.2018-07-03.log.html#t2018-07-03T17:05:43
>
> Election official hat off and TC Refstack liaison hat on, I think if
> Chris Hoge doesn't volunteer to act as PTL this cycle to oversee
> shutting down the team and reassigning its deliverables, then we
> need to help them fast-track that nowish and not appoint a Stein
> cycle PTL.

This came up at a joint leadership meeting right after we created SIGs
and the Interop WG was reluctant to make any structural changes at the
time because they had just gone through a renaming process for the
working group. Changing "WG" to "SIG" feels much lighter weight, so
maybe we can move ahead with that now.

Doug