[openstack-dev] [all] Ongoing spam in Freenode IRC channels

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Aug 1 13:44:35 UTC 2018

On 2018-08-01 16:17:47 +0300 (+0300), Andrey Kurilin wrote:
[...]
> If the alternative doesn't feet these criteria, a lot of people
> will stay at Freenode and migration will fail.
[...]

We've had discussions off and on for years about moving from
Freenode to OFTC (whose ideals more closely reflect those of our
community), but even with that our biggest fear was disruption and
fracturing with some people holding conversations in one network and
some in the other.
--
Jeremy Stanley