[openstack-dev] [mistral] Mistral Monthly August 2018

Dougal Matthews dougal at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 10:30:04 UTC 2018

Hey everyone!

It is time to wrap-up the last month and have a look and see what has
happened.

# General News

We are now close to the end of the Rocky release cycle! It has been a
pleasure serving at the PTL and it looks like you are stuck with me for
Stein :)

- https://governance.openstack.org/election/

I would be interested to hear about high levels goals and themes for Stein.
What do you think the project should do and focus on? Let me know!

# Releases

- The finaly Rocky releases were made for mistral-lib and
python-mistralclient
- https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/python-mistralclient/rocky.html
- Next week we will release the RC1 for mistral, mistral-dashboard and
mistral-extra
- We skipped RC3 for the above repos, due to CI issues and other delays.
The changes can wait for the RC1 release

# Notable Changes and Additions

- 17 new actions for OpenStack Tacker were added
- A new policy was added to control which users can create and update
actions and workflows
- A new configuration option (oslo_rpc_executor) was added to change the
oslo RPC executor. It can now be eventlet, blocking or threading
- A new keystone configuration group was added, replacing the
keystone_authtoken group (which is now deprecated, but not removed)
- 166 new actions were added for OpenStack Manila
- Workbooks now support namespaces, previously only Workflows had support
- The Mistral development container now supports Keycloak

Lots of other small changes and bug fixes! It has been a busy month :)

# Milestones, Reviews, Bugs and Blueprints

- 55 commits and 251 reviews
- 100 Open bugs (Down from 105, yay!)
- Rocky-3 numbers:
    Blueprints: 1 Unknown, 4 Not started, 3 Started, 1 Slow progress, 2
Implemented
    Bugs: 1 Incomplete, 3 Invalid, 20 Confirmed, 7 Triaged, 8 In Progress,
21 Fix Released

Lots of bug fixes landed, good work!

Thanks all,
Dougal