[openstack-dev] [Oslo][Nova][Sahara][Tempest][Cinder][Magnum] Removing broken tox missing requirements tests

Ken Giusti kgiusti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 16:54:09 UTC 2018

Folks,

Here in Oslo land a number of projects define a tox test for missing
dependencies. These tests are based on a tool - pip-check-reqs - that
no longer functions under the latest release of pip.  The project's
upstream github repo hasn't had any commit activity in a year and
appears to no longer be maintained.

See my previous email about this tool:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-April/129697.html

In lieu of a suitable replacement, I've started removing the broken
tox tests from the oslo project to prevent anyone else having that
"Hmm - why doesn't this test pass?" moment I hit last week.

I've created a epad that lists the projects that define tox tests
based on this tool:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/pip_(missing|check)_reqs

There are other non-Oslo projects - Nova, Cinder, etc - that may want
to also remove that test. See the epad for details.

I've started patches for a couple of projects, but if anyone is
willing to help out please use the epad so we don't step on each
other's toes.

thanks,

--
Ken Giusti  (kgiusti at gmail.com)