[openstack-dev] [api] [lbaas] Neutron LBaaS V2 docs incompatibility

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 17:57:30 UTC 2018

Hi Artem,

You are correct that the API reference at
https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/network/v2/index.html#pools is
incorrect. As you figured out, someone mistakenly merged the long
dead/removed LBaaS v1 API specification into the LBaaS v2 API
specification at that link.

The current, and up to date load balancing API reference is at:
https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/load-balancer/v2/index.html

This documents the Octavia API which is a superset of the the LBaaS v2
API, so it should help you clarify any issues you run into.

That said, due to the deprecation of neutron-lbaas and spin out from
neutron we decided to explicitly not support neutron-lbaas in the
OpenStack Client. neutron-lbaas is only supported using the neutron
client.  You can continue to use the neutron client CLI with
neutron-lbaas through the neutron-lbaas deprecation cycle.

When you move to using Octavia you can switch to using the
python-octaviaclient OSC plugin.

Michael