[openstack-dev] [tripleo] ironic automated cleaning by default?

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 13:43:34 UTC 2018

Okay, it seems like the idea was not well received, but I do have some action
items out of the discussion (thanks all!):

1. Simplify running cleaning per node. I've proposed patches [0] to add a new
command (documentation to follow) to do it.

2. Consider running metadata cleaning during deployment in Ironic. This is a bit
difficult right now, but will simplify substantially after the deploy steps work.

Any other ideas?

I would like to run at least one TripleO CI job with cleaning enabled. Any
objections to that? If not, what would be the best job (it has to run ironic,
obviously)?

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:cleaning+status:open